Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Gardening Experience in Qatar !

Jack of all trades, master of none , Here i go with a new experience .

Laid my hands in so many things to keep myself busy , but nothing so far have kept me feel complete ! My list after marriage would be sewing, Arabic classes, Yoga, belly dancing , swimming, Harivenkit website and list will go on. My husband (sri will refer as Chiya in my rest of the post ) stands with me for all this ! 

Got to See the OTG site on Facebook and my craze for gardening and growing vegetables have started ! 

Thankfully moving to a new house with more space for gardening allows me to do so .

My backyard is full of gravels and i started off with some pots for the time being , planted okra, tomato's , and Chiya agreed to get me a banana pub !

Gravel full backyard - pic before work .
Now its time to change the gravels in to a good safe garden so i can have Hari(Son) help me.

H is a active baby and is helpful in everything , he is just 3 and it amazes me to see ,how helpful he is .The liltte pots that you see  ,H helped me with it - Adding potting soil ,water ,planting - A good experience .

Started of work at the backyard , met the helpers, asked they to lay the concrete in a L DESIGN ,work started off at 3:30 in the morning since its Ramadan and ended up at 10:30 ,it was a saturday 3/Aug/2013 .

Work has completed after 3 days - concrete laid, soil(clay) with camel manure mix , added the green shade to avoid the scorching heat in Qatar ! 

This is how it looks ! 
Clearing gravel - pic after work.

Charges for the work : 2600 QR

(2000 for the concrete and soil etc , 600 for the labor for the shade - he excluded the work for the pipe he layed outside )

The walls are a bit dirty - he agreed to paint it ! 

Need to find time to plant the seeds that Appa purchased Amaranthus , Gelosia Mix, Aster Dwarf, Sunflower, Kanakambra , balsam 
from lalbhag . Just a word and its here  !

Chiya got me more seeds carrot ,coriander,watermelon ! 

I'm blessed with the people around . Appa ,Chiya ,H ....

PS: Its my first blog , with  inspiration ! hoping to continue ! i'm saying this because of the first liners in my blog !












2 comments:

  1. Good Job Meena, welcome to the world of Bloggers.....It is a pleasure to pour your thoughts into paper (well nowadays e-paper).....Happy writing.........All the best and keep it coming...

    ReplyDelete