Wednesday, February 12, 2014

More Experiments More Surprises

Last week was hectic , guess what dh had gone to Amsterdam for some business visit . But for sure it was worth it , haha (laughfing loud ) I'm sure youv guessed it , yeah seeds . I can't just write the amount of blessing and love I have from him , yeah he can so understand what I need . Ok I know I'm blogging relating to gardening , but he's a part of all my experiments yeah ?. 
You need some one to encourage you , say its ok for failures etc etc . And pull you back to the same level of enthuse , anyways so he had visited the floral market for me , called me from there, reading out the list , it was flowers and not vegges , so I didn't need it for the time being . Trust me vegge plants have flowers that look so beautiful equivalent to the ornamental ones .
Anyways once he reached the airport , he could get hold of some vegges for me .He purchased some Yellow cherry tomatoes seeds that had some cute little seed tray or cups , a green house and some cocopeat presskit or tablets which bulged when we poured some water on it . 



Then some purple flower seeds as well don't remember the name check the picture,jalapeno variety, cayenne pepper ,sugar baby variety, cosmos..



 So today was the day when I came back home in the afternoon , little h helped me to put in the above seeds , just wishing them germinate soon , my last batch or the last blogged seeds are still yet to germinate , its quite cold here and nature is taking its sweet time . Waiting patiently checking everyday if there's anything up !

Later thought of testing the soil on the ground , have sowed some spinach , last week aerated the soil and added some manure and compost , hoping these will germinate as well.

Also would Like to add , don't remember or can't track when I sowed the carrot that came from India in a small plastic container , yeah and didn't expect all to germinate . 
I have transplanted it to other small reused bisleri bottles , yeah you heard it right Transplanted , lets see how that goes , but usually the experts don't suggest a transplant , its a direct sow ..but this looks successful.Naming it Aparna ! you know why if you have read my post !



Last but not the least , some greens had come up and was thinking its coriander , but nature never ceases to surprise me , those were carrot saplings, they are growing tall , guess I disposed some seeds there after sowing it in some container , since it didn't turn up I threw it , so nature continues to tell me to sit tight and wait , patience is virtue .


Good nite , will update you'll with more saplings , its spring now as per the festivals celebrated here in Qatar , haven't heard of it in a desert ha , I feel its more of winter , its cold , germination is taking long. Tata.

- Update : Feb 24 . 

Ok so the Green house helped to germinate fast - its less than 4 days ! Wohoo - Im learning !



- Update : Feb 25

Yahoo  sugar babies are up ! 


-March 08 2014

See who's here to see Aparna , a little green wormie. With all the emotions running here and there , with my little one not keeping well , caught a glimpse of this naughty boy .
Don't know how he got here , May be since i added a little compost to the bottle or is it from the Air ! just amazed . Didn't take the effort to check if he was helpful or a pest , just flushed him down , feel so guilty/Sad , he looks amazing .Feeling Sad.



April 13 2014

Remember the green on the ground , They turned up well .
OK the fact was that i was to dam lazy to work in the garden for a couple of days , due to several issues , I don't know if i can say it was laziness, or actually distracted from the main targets i had . OK so after some time i decided that i need to get back , and i have deviated a lot , its time i wake up , have some positive vibes etc , ok i'm overreacting now lol , So yesterday went back to the backyard , and started cleaning up all the mess , which stopped in the middle anyways :) ill do it Soon.
I pulled out the carrots on the ground , i didn't expect this surprise , CARROTS ! WOHOO.
So that didn't stop me , in a sheer excitement pulled out the others in the bisleri bottle , but it failed , they were dam small . Had i given them a chance to grow , they could have grown more big thou there were space constraints .That's the time i realized , it needed more time , The ones that were big were almost 3 month old , while this was lesser .
So what i learnt from the carrots , yeah i can see the same thing in relationships , The more time you give , The more you don't expect , Excitement is not everything , Patience is needed , Sometimes you get deviated , its ok , as long as you get back knowing your wrong and ready to accept that fact that there more things to be looked upon , its OK to start over again , your learning the hard way at least ! 





No comments:

Post a Comment