Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Bitter Gourd , Palak & Radish – Sharing is fun .

We have started off as a very small group, and named us Qatar Gardener’s. Here we share our experience in gardening in Qatar, trade seeds, discuss issues which is been tested and tried, some might work and some might not, but the learning still goes on & it’s fun !

The group, as of today has increased from 3 to 27 members and I’m sure there’s a lot out there who love gardening. Any type of gardening say it, from small containers to big backyards to the smallest cup of micro plants, love for plants is what gets us together.

Ok coming to the actual subject, I got some seeds from Tilak mama from the group who handed over some bitter gourd, Palak & Radish and I in turn gave him some Panikoorka and a papaya sapling . Sharing is so much of fun, not to mention to share seeds which you are already growing is more fun, it lets you assist the other one, who might need guidance , something like a “ I know this one “ feeling.



Date: Nov 25 sowed the Palak and the bitter gourd in the seed tray. Have some Palak seeds left out to try it directly on the ground.

DH got some seeds and pots from the Carrefour, which has a sale today. He went to get some other things, but the extra effort to make me happy with these surprises! No Words.

Just counting my blessing# people around me#good heart.

Will keep you updated with the growth of these , can’t resist mentioning ,Growing bitter gourd since the whole family are crazy about the taste of this sour vegetable , which I like to see but I hate to eat . They say it cures any issues with digestive issues, Diabetics,  issues concerning blood, Vitamin-C etc etc Its also called karela , pavakai , it a Creeper . We prepare  Pavakai Kootan , thoran which isn’t really bad ! huh ! I’m lieing LOL .

Palak I intend to grow because of my little one, he loves any dish with it .So a bit of French greens is what came in mind first.

Tata for now!...

Update : Palak grew in the pots and then didnt survive they were stemy , Bitter gourd sprouted up but dried up wasn't successful !o yeah Radish Grew see the next post to follow up.

Just a preview : 
To closely sown !
Pulled out early - See next batch looks better ! Next post ..




No comments:

Post a Comment