Sunday, September 8, 2013

Comfort Planting - Amaranthus , Gelosia, Aster & Balsam

A whole day of activity at my friends place making ganesha’s , a pre-prep for the Ganesh Chaturthi - All these years I get some clay and make my own one, gives an immense satisfaction. This time my friends gave in, Had a lot of fun.

Later Went to drop my friend, visited her garden, its green! With lots of Tuberoses (Sambangi in Tamil) , basil and the list goes on, liked the way they have used the drip irrigation .

Later in the evening, it was comfort planting time.  If you asked if Endorphins were released in my brains? , yeah, give it a try.

Planted the Brinjal sapling given by my friend, then the Amaranthus (bleeding Mary), Gelosia Mix, Aster Dwarf, Balsam sent by mom. 
Not to mention, little one helped with filling the soil. Hug & Kisses in the middle of planting is a perfect combo.

Used the left over Almarai bottles and the Britannia base initially for sowing seeds, then would transplant later when it pop’s up.


Britannia base has the Aster 

Almarai bottles - Gelosia Mix,Balsam
Add the Names ,  its handy to recognize the sapling later.

My Day ended up with more friends visiting us, a blessed Day. 

Update as of today (Nov 19)

- Gelosia Mix and Balsam - came up . Aster Failed to show up. Amaranthus failed as well twice .




Feb 04-2014 - An update on the Brinjal Sapling - After a long 5 month on the ground , Lost 3 of these sapling all dried up . One of them Bloomed today with a beautiful Purple Colour Flower , thou the plant doesn't look healthy, i m happy  and this is enough to keep me going , nature has its own ways and own reasons . I didn't take care of it much , but it still loved me . Love you Brinjal ! 



1 comment: