Monday, December 30, 2013

Its Cold , Rays of Hope - Methi , Mint , Spinach

Last weekend , got the whole set of saplings inside my kitchen and started transplanting at the weirdest time , 11'ish . Wonder if most of my gardening activities are at night , hmm yeah got to agree not a very early person.Thou i'm bond to do my duties early morning .
So last weekend , my little one went to sleep early and had some time to work on my saplings .If you had seen my last post this a continuation , Cauliflowers, Radish, Spinach , Methi , Mint , Brinjal etc .
So as i said they had grown and it was time to transplant ,but the weather in Doha was really cold , and my whole family weren't keeping well and this kept me busy and i was not comfortable going out early morning or night to work in the open backyard with the Fog , mist what ever you call and then fall sick . This thought kept me off gardening some days but i wasn't happy and continue this way . 
So invited them to come in instead , got them into the kitchen , that's the one near the backyard .Started transplanting one by one , filling them up with the compost and potting soil ...

Spinach waiting to be transplanted
They usually say that spinach is well off and grows better with direct sowing to the destination , but the transplant works as well .

I see huge rays of hope in this cold windy weather , the transplants for the spinach , radish and cauliflower seems to work , ill post pics soon . The methi seems to work in the recycled igloo ice cream box, who doesn't like ice cream isn't it LOL.
The Mint that i sowed didn't work , it died , but the cutting from the grocery seems to work . I just inserted some of them in the recycled almaria milk bottles .
Placed them on the window sill, so guys with less space or space constraints , here you go the above could be grown . 


Mint & Methi ( sticks are curry leaves lets see if it works )
Spinach transplanted 




Cant stop showing off my Methi (Fenugreek) After so Many attempts , didn't care much  ,Shameless Methi came Up !

Some plants are shameless like us sometimes  :) , yeah trust me the coriander that i took more care didn't come up as well , was really angry and threw him down cursing him that i wasted so much time , after so many months , i should say he showed up , stood up for himself with pride , teasing me that i need to learn patience . 
Hmm touching him , the aroma wow , i can still smell ! Fresh ! lol Wasn't sure if hell grow up in the poor , less water , hence didn't click a pic , but then when i used it in my recipe it gave  immense pleasure , awsum taste . My learning for patience continues .



See this , worth sharing the ginger , Coriander from my backyard cut and waiting to go into my Upma recipe .






A view from the side , when its still growing :) see below...





Update : March 10 2014 : 


Methi seeds , its my first time seeing how these little ones grow. Its so surprising , just sow the seeds and then the nature give you double the amount of love , yeah green healthy leaves & seeds as well. They are so tender , Eat it directly . Tasty as well , no kasape if you know what i mean no bitterness yeah ! 



No comments:

Post a Comment