Tuesday, August 13, 2013

My First Plants on Qatari Boomi

It’s been Eid , holidays - expected to get some time and do some gardening, But the painting work was pending in the backyard and Chiya was asking me to do it post the painting .

Didn't have patience – and started planting my very auspicious and loving plantain (last day of Eid -12/Aug/2013)

I was lucky got a plantain pub for 25 QR from the Paradise Nursery   few days back (planted it in the plastic trolley) and nature had given me another Pub , De-Pubed it and planted it successfully on the ground.


Baby Plantain


De-Pubed from the Baby Plantian
The painter turned up and had to cover the plants to avoid the nasty paints on my baby plants.

One of the little pubs were burnt in the scorching heat of Qatar and turned pale, crossing my fingers for the little one to grow. My soul parted seeing it turn pale. The other one seems to survive.


:( fingers crossed to see some miracle 

Transplanted the Bitter gourd plant which turned up near the plantain also – had some helpers (stick) around it – it looked pale also – added some sugar solution while transplanting .

Boomi giving me a surprise, Woke up this morning to see the Gourd taking the help of the bamboo stick


Gourd from the kitchen waste - Transplanted


Bamboo sticks got from the Omani souk QR 4 /per stick, Purchased around 10, each five feet long, some cut short to 2 feet, Lots of shops and we got to bargain – he said it was 8 riyals! And gave it half the price!  

These are small things being in India, but in Qatar it’s worth a note for sticks, stones anything isn't it! You know.

No comments:

Post a Comment